Article provided by: Scottsdale Recovery Center
Humanity has been consuming alcohol for millennia, and it doesn’t seem like there’s any end in sight. And why would there be? Alcohol makes us feel good (when consumed in moderation), we use it as a tool to socialize with one another and…pretty much that’s about it. The benefits of alcohol consumption are very few, while the damages are incommensurable. At Scottsdale Recovery Center, we fight alcohol every day, and it’s a fight with many casualties.
Alcohol rehab in Arizona is a program consisting of multiple steps, all of them being designed to minimize the impact of alcohol abuse and alcoholism in the society. And, as figures show, the need for programs like this is sky-high:
- Alcohol abuse and alcoholism cause over $225 billion in social damages, $25 billion of which is counted in health care costs
- Over 140 million Americans older than 12 have reported drinking alcohol in 2014
- 16 million Americans have resorted to heavy alcohol consumption at least once in the previous month
- 61 million Americans have resorted to binge drinking during the same period
- More than 40% of all the rehab admissions were related to alcohol abuse and alcoholism
- More than 620,000 American teenagers with ages between 12 and 17 have been reported to show signs of alcohol use disorder (AUD)
- Approximately 88,000 people die because of alcohol abuse
- Alcohol abuse is in top 3 leading causes of death in the US; first place is smoking and the second place belongs to sedentarism and lack of physical activity
There is no wonder that there are so many programs and institutions dealing with alcohol rehab in Arizona, especially when you come to think that over 80% to 85% of alcoholics relapse shortly after completing the rehab treatment.
The beginning of a new life
The rehabilitation program is challenging, regardless of how complicated and multilayered. That’s because alcohol addiction is extremely damaging in time and people only decide to take actions when the disease is already well-advanced. The good news is that everybody can escape alcohol addiction, regardless of how advanced the condition is. The bad news is that most people will fail the rehab program.
And the reason why people fail is partly due to the rehab program not being optimized as it should be and partly due to the individual himself, who fails to control his urges when the situation required that from him. Some people have relapsed even after years of abstinence and sobriety.
This is why our rehab programs have been designed to deal with all aspects of drug addiction, including:
- The physiological and psychological symptoms
- The withdrawal mechanism
- Co-occurring mental disorders, provided there are any
- Behavioral changes due to alcoholism
- Emotional trauma
- Social alcohol-related problems
- Intense cravings and so on
Our programs of Alcohol rehab in Arizona are effective because we, at Scottsdale Recovery Center, stress the need for innovation, combining clinically approved methods with more holistic approaches, involving emotional and spiritual healing. You too deserve a chance at redemption, and we will be happy to help you take advantage of it.